HillSouth is an innovative IT consulting firm, focused on delivering proactive support, stability and outstanding customer service to small and medium-sized businesses.
Between 2000 and 2008 I served as Chief Creative Officer, Senior Web Developer, Web Designer, and Business Development Manager for HillSouth.
Originally focused on systems integration and web development, the motivation for Hillsouth was to provide technology services that exceeded the expectations of not only the local community, but brought new technology options to an area that had previously been uncultivated by other larger consultancies.
My time with HillSouth afforded me the opportunity to grow as a designer, developer, manager, and technologist. Since the core mission of HillSouth was to bring revolutionary technology to clients, I utilized every avenue to explore the tools and methodologies being pioneered at other companies across the globe.
Founder of HillSouth and councilman, Robby Hill, says, “Ryan held a myriad of titles and tasks during his tenure at HillSouth. He was treated as an equity partner and he no doubt put in the hours and demonstrated that passion in quality work that one would expect from a partner. His talents are varied and he will no doubt excel at whatever challenge he takes on next in his career.”
The company currently has 23 employees, and is one of South Carolina’s fastest growing employers with 2011 revenues topping $2.3 million. The company is a knowledge leader in the healthcare IT industry, and advocates for, as well as provides solutions for primary health care organizations, private practices, specialty practices, and inpatient facilities to assist them with core technology infrastructure that is crucial to successful electronic medical record (EMR) system deployment and operation, as well as to share crucial healthcare data with other health systems.
Working with HillSouth gave me the opportunity to apply my ingenuity to real client problems and grow as a professional consultant.
Industries and Clients served:
- Economic Development: Florence County Economic Development Partnership, Florence County Progress, Darlington County Economic Development Board, Eastern South Carolina Alliance
- Government: Pee Dee Community Action Agency, Teaching Technicians (Florence Darlington Technical College / National Science Foundation), SC Job Ready (South Carolina: Department of Commerce, Department of Employment, PDWIB), Pee Dee Workforce Investment Board, Florence Regional Airport (FLO), Pee Dee Visitor’s Bureau, Florence County Conventions and Visitors Bureau
- Health: Pee Dee Area Health Education Center, Hope-Health, McLeod Health, Clarendon Memorial, Advanced Cardiology, Palmetto Animal Hospital
- Hospitality: Raldex, Atlanta Bread Company, K & M Family Foods, Mister Mark’s Fun Park, Corona Mexican Restaurants
- Manufacturing: Dove Data, Darlington Veneer, Aluminum Ladder
- Media: South Carolina Homes & Gardens Magazine, Miller Broadcasting, Adams Outdoor, Cumulus Broadcasting, Quantum Communications
- Non-Profit: Greater Florence SC Chamber of Commerce, Dillon SC Chamber of Commerce, ScienceSouth, National Association of Food Equipment Dealers, Pearl Fryar’s Topiary Garden
- Political: Senator Hugh K Leatherman, Mayor Frank Willis, Sheriff Kenny Boone
- Professional Service: Webster Rogers LLP, Key Collins Architecture, Clean World USA, Pee Dee Food Service, First Reliance Bank, Scott & Associates
- Real Estate: Seaboard Properties, Inland Realty, ERA Leatherman
- Retail: Office Depot, Hob-Nob Gourmet, Sprint, BK Trailer Sales, Sears Carpet Store
- Utility: Pee Dee Electric Cooperative, CCRWC